How Vitamin C Can Help Combat Winter Skin
What does winter weather do to skin?
The low humidity, constant central heating, and cool, dry air can leave your skin feeling extremely dry during this time of year. This is because all the moisture and oils that typically keep your skin hydrated and healthy are stripped from your skin. It can be even worse for those who deal with certain skin conditions, like eczema or psoriasis.
When your skin gets dry, it can also become irritated, chapped, flaky, itchy, and lose its elasticity. Due to the lack of elasticity during cooler weather, severely dry skin can cause deep cracks in the skin which can open and bleed.
Can I avoid dry skin in the winter?
The good news is there are many things you can do to help alleviate dry skin symptoms during the winter. You don't just have to deal with it all season long, but you do have to make a few changes to your summer skincare routine.
- Moisturize right after washing, whether it's just washing your hands or taking a shower. This isn't needed as much during the summer because the humidity sort of makes up for it. Because of the lack of moisture in the air during the winter, you have to use more moisturizing products to help balance your skin.
- Continue to use sunscreen. UV rays can still affect and damage your skin during the winter time. You may feel tempted to cut back on using sunscreen since maybe it's a little more cloudy and the days aren't as long. But you need to continue to wear sunscreen any time you plan on being outside for a long period of time.
- Incorporate more Vitamin C into your skincare routine. Vitamin C can help combat skin dryness, keep your skin hydrated, and protect your skin from outside elements. If you don't typically use Vitamin C in your summer skincare routine, now might be the time to try it out.
Does Vitamin C have other benefits?
Vitamin C has quite a few benefits actually. Here are a few reasons why it's extremely beneficial, especially during the winter time:
- It can help reduce skin inflammation
- It protects skin against any future damage and factors, such as weather, pollutants, and even harsh chemicals
- It's typically safe to use on any skin type
- It can help with pigmentation of the skin
- It promotes collagen production and elasticity, leaving you with firmer, more resilient skin
- It contains "glowing” properties that may make your skin brighter and more radiant
- It can help your skin retain more moisture
What Vitamin C products should I use?
Our Vitamin C Collection provides all the products you need to help combat dry skin:
- Vitamin C Cleansing Water
- Vitamin C Concentrate
- Vitamin C Serum
- Vitamin C Face Cream
The bitter orange oil, lemon oil, and kiwi seed oil work together flawlessly to cleanse, hydrate, and nourish your skin, leaving it soft and smooth after each use.
For the best results, we recommend using the complete four-part routine daily. The combination of different oils and deliveries from each step is what makes this four-part routine so effective. You no longer have to dread cold weather, instead you can embrace it!
Let us know what topics you're interested in, and we'll do our best to include them in future blogs! Email us at email@example.com