4 Fabulous Fall Recipes
It's the first weekend of October and autumn is in the air!
I am so excited to start making my favorite fall dishes and guess what-- I am sharing 4 fabulous fall recipes.
These recipes are fantastic, not only because they are delicious, but because they contain super foods for your skin!
Honey Apple Maple Glazed Salmon
4 Salmon Filets
½ Cup Apple Cider
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1. Add your apple cider, honey, and maple syrup to a small pan and heat to medium high heat. Stir the mixture together and bring to a boil. Boil until it reduces by half, then remove pan from heat.
2. Place your salmon filets on a rimmed dish (to catch the glaze) and pour glaze over each side of the filets. Leave about ¼ of the glaze to use during cooking. Let the salmon sit in the glaze while you are heating your pan in the next step.
3. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil once hot. Lightly season the salmon with salt and pepper before placing the filet into the skillet. Cook for three minutes per side, flipping only once, and lightly brushing each side with the remaining glaze.
4. Remove from heat and serve with your favorite side such as rice, vegetables, or potatoes!
Autumn Avocado Toast
1/4 Cup Walnuts
1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Avocados, Smashed
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
4 Slices Bread, Toasted
1 Pear, Thinly Sliced
2 Tablespoons honey, drizzled
2 Tablespoons Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
1. Add the walnuts and cinnamon to a small saucepan over medium-low heat and toast until golden and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure to stir and shake the pan so the nuts don’t burn – you want them golden in color and nutty-smelling. You can break them apart a bit before or after toasting to make it easier to sprinkle them on top.
2. Smash the avocado in a bowl with the salt and pepper.
3. Spread it on the toast and layer the pear slices and Gorgonzola on top of the avocado, followed by the cinnamon walnuts.
4. Drizzle the entire thing generously with honey. Enjoy!
Blueberry Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
3/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
1/2 Cup Sugar
6 Tablespoons Salted Butter, Room Temperature
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 Cups Blueberries
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1–2 Tablespoons Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch cake pan with a circle of parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
2. To prepare the streusel, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter to a medium sized bowl and mix with a fork until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
3. To make the cake batter, beat sugar and butter until light in color and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
4. Add sour cream and milk and mix until well incorporated.
5. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
6. Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
7. Add dry ingredients to batter and mix until smooth.
8. Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the cake pan.
9. Top batter with about half of the streusel mixture, then half of the blueberries.
10. Spread remaining cake batter over streusel.
11. Sprinkle remaining streusel and blueberries over the top of the cake batter.
12. Bake for 34-36 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
13. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
14. To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. You can always add a little more milk or sugar, if needed.
15. Drizzle the glaze over the coffee cake and sprinkle a few more blueberries over top.
Butternut Squash Turmeric Soup
1 Large Butternut Squash
6 Cups Water or Vegetable Broth
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Base (if using water for liquid)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Small Turmeric Knob, Washed and Brushed
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Small White Onion
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg* (optional)
1. Peel the butternut squash and cut into chunks
2. In a large pot add all the ingredients. Cook for 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is fork tender.
3. When done transfer the solids into a blender cup and only about 3/4 to 1 cup of broth to start. Blend until smooth. If needed add more of the broth. Reserve the remaining broth for another recipe (like rice, stews and soup!)
4. Serve butternut squash turmeric soup hot with crunchy topping such as nuts and granola
For a complete list of the best ingredients for your skin, make sure to visit my blog on the 6 Superfoods For Glowing Skin.
Read It Now >>
Original Recipe Posts: