Healthy Pumpkin Recipes to try this Fall!
Fall is here! That means it's time for pumpkin snacks, dishes, and treats! These pumpkin recipes are not only tasty, but also healthy. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
1. Harvest Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large potato
- 1 large onion
- 4 ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 can pure pumpkin
- Ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ pint heavy cream
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter
2. After the butter melts, add your onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook the potato for about 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Stir in the pumpkin
5. Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture until smooth
6. Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
7. Increase the heat to medium-high to bring mixture to a boil
8. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes
9. Stir in cream and heat thoroughly
2. Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Bread
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup plain 2% greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
1. Add eggs to a bowl, and beat until the yolks break.
2. Whisk in the pumpkin, yogurt, sugar, spices, baking soda, and salt and mix until smooth
3. Spoon in the flour and stir until combined
4. Fold in the chocolate chips
5. Pour batter into a greased pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
3. Pumpkin Hummus Dip
- 10 ounces pumpkin puree
- 13.5 oz chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Add pumpkin, chickpeas, tahini and garlic to a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Next, add lemon juice, curry powder, and salt.
3. Add the olive oil in while the food processor is blending. Add as much as you would like to make the hummus your desired consistency. Enjoy with tortilla chips, or fresh veggie sticks.
4. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large banana
- 6-8 ice cubes
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- 3 tablespoon milk
- Nutmeg and whipped cream for garnish
1. Add all ingredients except the nutmeg and whipped cream to a blender and blend until smooth
2. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg!
5. Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
- 2, 12 ounce cans of pumpkin
- ½ cup apple cider
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and mix until smooth
2. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours, and stir each hour
3. When desired consistency is reached, store in the fridge.
We hope you enjoy these healthy and tasty recipes this Fall! Give them a try, and let us know what you think. We would love to hear your thoughts, reviews and pictures while trying them out!
Original Recipe Posts: