Quotes for the Fallen
Memorial Day is filled with traditions of summer cookouts, trips to the beach, or viewing the local parade. It’s important to remember the true meaning of the holiday as you enjoy the day with your loved ones.
Memorial Day is a day dedicated to the fallen soldiers. It’s a day to honor them for protecting our freedom. As a reminder of the sacrifices they have made, we have pieced together some quotes that hold some powerful words to simply say ‘thank you.'
- "Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it." –Unknown
- “This is the day we pay homage to all those who didn't come home. This is not Veterans Day, it's not a celebration, it is a day of solemn contemplation over the cost of freedom." –Tamra Bolton
- "Memorial Day: celebrate, honor, remember." –Unknown
- "In the aftermath, we are because they were." –RJ Heller
- "On this day, take time to remember those who have fallen. But on every day after, do more; put the freedoms they died for to greater and nobler uses." –Richelle E. Goodrich
- “And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave.” –Joseph Rodman Drake
Remember to take a moment of silence today to remember and respect those who have fallen.
Stay safe this holiday weekend.