7 Quotes and Affirmations to Lift Your Mood
Some days, it’s hard to find the words to keep our spirits up. It’s not always easy to dig up those positive, optimistic feelings.
Whether you’re feeling uninspired, overworked, stressed out, or any combination of these and other emotions of the kind, sometimes just a few simple words are all you need to inspire a change in perspective.
Here are some quotes, spoken by some well-known people, that can hopefully be that spark you need to lift yourself up, keep on moving, and appreciate yourself for all the hard work you’ve done.
1. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
2. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
-Douglas Adams (The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul, 1988)
3. “‘Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
When life flows by like a song
But the man worthwhile tis one who will smile
When everything goes dead wrong.”
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox (‘Worth While’, 1906)
4. “It matters not how straight the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.”
-William Earnest Henley (‘Invictus’, 1888)
5. “Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me.”
-Three Dog Night (“Joy to The World”, 1970)
6. “You can be the captain
And I will draw the chart/Sailing into destiny
Closer to the heart.”
-Rush (“Closer to the Heart”, 1977)
7. “I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart: I am, I am, I am.”
-Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar, 1963)
Have any quotes or affirmations that you repeat throughout your day? Comment yours below!