source of Vitamin C. This vitamin helps protect collagen by neutralizing free radicals to minimize the sign of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles. Cranberries also provide anti-inflammatory properties. Controlling inflammation helps prevent the signs of aging! Collagen production helps carry oxygen and nutrients to the skin to make the skin soft, glowing, and firm.
Apples contain collagen and are vital for keeping the skin youthful. Apples also have a high-water content and are perfect for keeping your skin hydrated. The hydration along with Vitamin E will give you soft and hydrated skin. Apples are also high in Vitamin C, to help build collagen and reduce the free radical damage to your skin. This prevents the signs of aging!Here is the recipe for Cranberry and Apple Brie Bites:
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1 cup cranberry sauce with whole berries
- 8 oz brie cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut puff pastry into 3-4 inch squares
3. Grease or spray a muffin tin
4. Push the pastry squares down into each muffin mold
5. Add one cube of brie cheese to each muffin mold
6. Alternate between apple filling and cranberry, add on top of the brie
7. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the puff pastry is brown around the edges and the brie is meltedRosemary Pecan Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Eating a sweet potato is an awesome way to fabulous skin! Sweet potatoes are rich in both Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which are crucial to keeping skin healthy, glowing, and supple. Vitamin E is great for slowing down the aging process! Sweet potatoes are rich in anthocyanins, which help prevent dark spots and blemishes.
Pecans are filled with zinc, which helps the skin in maintaining a clear complexion. The fiber found in pecans can rid your skin of toxins, and overall improve the appearance of your skin. They also contain Vitamin A and Vitamin E which contribute to the prevention of wrinkles and aging.
Here is the recipe for Rosemary Pecan Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- 3 lbs. small sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup pecans, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- kosher salt
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Use a fork to make holes in the sweet potatoes. Microwave on high for 6 minutes on each side
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss pecans, oil, Parmesan, cayenne, 2 teaspoons rosemary, and a 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast for about 3 minutes, then toss with remaining teaspoon of rosemary
3. Peel potatoes, and mash with maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth
4. Transfer to serving dish, and top with pecans
We hope you enjoy these recipes! Be sure to try them out, and let us know what you think. Your family and your skin will love them!
Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!